Job Title: Investigative Research Analyst
Location: Arlington, VA
Clearance: Top Secret required
Client: US Marshal Service (USMS)
Candidates should be willing to undergo a background investigation.
Apply: Interested candidates please email your resume and contact information to email@example.com
The Investigative Research Analyst will work independently to provide overall support to the Regional Fugitive Task Force (RFTF), Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force (OCDETF) or any other Investigative Operations Division (IOD) managers. This position will be at the Top Secret classification level.
Duties shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Gathering and analyzing various types of data found through federal, state, and local law enforcement as well as public sources. Maintain working relationships with personnel from other agencies participating in the task force.
- Monitoring, evaluating, and coordinating a variety of fugitive investigations from all participating agencies, collateral leads from other RFTFs and USMS offices, as well as investigative requests from non-participating agencies.
- Receiving and reviewing correspondence from participating agencies. Creating and maintaining a filing system in accordance with USMS polices.
- Providing analytical support to investigators by accessing various law enforcement and public databases, and acquiring any documents or information needed during the course of an investigation.
- Assisting in maintaining RFTF and/or OCDETF property inventory. Shipping and receiving items. Distributing inventory to RFTF/OCDETF personnel and maintaining property transfer receipts. Maintaining all property valued at $1,000.00 or more and/or property that contain an electronic memory or stores information, in the official USMS Property Management system.
- Assisting in the examination and collection of statistics. Assisting in creating reports, spreadsheets, press releases, and local fugitive cases into the USMS WIN/JDIS system and close cases in the system.
- Providing administrative support when necessary.
- Creating charts/graphs for presentation.
- Assisting in the creation of reports and presentation materials for conferences and meetings.
- Making transportation arrangements.
- Coordinating travel plans.
- Generating statistical reports.
- Assisting in the coordination of large-scale projects.
- A high school diploma.
- Must have at least three years of specialized experience that is related to the duties described above.
- Superior time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal employees as well as outside sources.
- Strong communication skills.
- Exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to quickly and effectively adapt to change.
- Ability to embrace new systems and process enhancements.
- Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluation methods and techniques
- High school diploma is required but a Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- At least three years of experience using Virtual Earth, MapPoint and Google Earth software and Microsoft Office Suite.