Job Title: Administrative Support Specialist
Clearance: Top Secret required
Location: Arlington, VA
Client: US Marshal Service (USMS)
Candidates should be willing to undergo a background investigation.
Apply: Interested candidates please email your resume and contact information to email@example.com.
The Administrative Support Specialist shall provide direct assistance to the USMS Divisions. The work required by this position is more challenging and varied in nature, and involves some originality and interpretation skills. Situations outside set parameters are referred to management for clarification. The individual performing in this position must be able to take direction well and work independently. Normal functions required of this position include filing, data entry, interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, analytical thinking and problem-solving. The specific risk level for this position will be provided under the task order. The risk range shall be from moderate to top-secret security.
Duties shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrate a professional level in verbal and written communications.
- Prepare all types of written correspondence.
- Participate in other program assistant/clerical duties as assigned
- Maintain reports and submit verbal, written and numerical information from database when required.
- Develop and conduct special projects as assigned.
- Work in groups/teams on special projects to accomplish program goals.
- Maintains suspense system for the individual’s assigned branch, identifying past due items ensuring that due dates are met.
- Prepare special reports on an as needed basis.
- Independently researches issues/questions as assigned, and provides results in a variety of formats.
- Manages the programs for district offices and headquarters accounts.
- Monitor programs to ensure programs are operated efficiently and effectively.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must have three years specialized experience that is related to the duties described above.
- Superior time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal employees as well as outside sources.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to quickly and effectively adapt to change.
- Ability to embrace new systems and process enhancements.
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.