Customer: Federal Trade Commission
Engagement: Program and Acquisition Support Services
Background: The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) deals with issues that touch the economic life of every American. It is the only federal agency with both consumer protection and competition jurisdiction in broad sectors of the economy. The Information Technology Management Office (ITMO) supports the FTC with a robust computing infrastructure and services.
Challenge: The ITMO has a need for program and acquisition support related to an information technology integrated support services (IOSS) contract. Specifically the agency requires development of a Performance Work Statement (PWS), to solicit proposals to acquire an all-encompassing Information Technology Support Services (IOSS) vendor, as well as consulting support in the review and selection activities following receipt of responses to the PWS. FTC has tasked Peridot Solutions to support this key initiative.
Solution: Key solution activities include:
- Developed understanding of the drivers and goals for the sourcing decision
- Identified all existing contracts for IT services
- Developed a high-level decision matrix that incorporates decision criteria
- Drafted Request for information (RFI) with market research/analysis
- Drafted Performance Work Statement (PWS) that includes ITIL Services Catalog, description of each service environment, service-level metric requirements and governance
- Assisted in Independent Government Cost Estimate (IGCE) using contracts with similar size and complexity based on the market research
- Drafted Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan
- Drafted vendor evaluation criteria
Results: Once the source selection is completed, Federal Trade Commission would have streamlined all the IT Services related contracts and there by increased efficiencies and business performance.